As part of the “New 9th” initiative, Councilman Price established the CD9 Business Resource Center, co-located in our District Office at Central Avenue & 43rd Street.
The mission of the CD9 Business Resource Center (BRC) is to assist entrepreneurs and business owners gain easy local access to business development tools, services, and training. The programs and events are designed to nurture the growth of For-Profit companies, Community-Based organizations, Faith-Based and Non-Profit organizations in our community. By providing support and access to resources and services, we believe we can help ignite economic development in our nieghborhoods.
The CD9 BRC strategic alliances includes Distinguished Partners who provide technical assistance services, access to exports, resources, capital and contract opportunities, and business organization affiliates.
DISTINGUISHED PARTNERS INCLUDE
- Governor’s Office - Business & Economic Development (Go-BIZ)
- PACE Women’s Business Center
- Small Business Development Center operated by Pacific Coast Regional
- USC – Civic Engagement (MBDA Business Center – Los Angeles)
- R.I.S.E. Financial Pathways (formerly known as CFRC)
- Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corp (Business Source Center)
- U.S. Small Business Administration-LA District Office
- Los Angeles Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Black Business Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Association of Minority Contractors
- Port of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles World Airports
Business Education and Training
The Business Resource Center (BRC) is located in the District's Field Office on Central Avenue and 43rd Street and brings available resources and information to the South Los Angeles community to empower, inform and strengthen the local small and emerging businesses. The BRC coordinates ongoing events throughout the year. The following are upcoming events:
Making a Website That Works For Your Micro Business
Date: Monday, June 27th
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: RISE Financial Pathways, 4060 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles 90037
Description: This session will help interested entrepreneurs and business owners develop a website that works for growing their small business.
Cost Containment Strategies for Small Businesses
Tuesday, June 28
Time: 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Council District 9 Community Room, 4301 S. Central Ave., Los Angeles 90011
Description: This session will focus on workers compensation and layoff aversion information to assist businesses in reducing and containing their operating costs. For more information, please call Joseph Torres at (213) 448-1804.
Please register online for all sessions at www.District9BizConnect.com
Unemployed and Looking for Work?
The Vernon-Central/LATTC WorkSource Center has office hours at the CD9 Constituent Services Center and can assist finding employment.
LATTC/VERNON-CENTRAL WORKSOURCE CENTER Office Hours @ CD9 Constituent Services Center
Date: Thursday's at 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., and Friday's 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Council District 9 Constituent Services Center, 4301 S. Central Avenue, Los Angeles 90011
COME PREPARED, BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Current Driver’s License/ID
- Social Security Card
- DD-214 if Veteran
- Layoff or discharge letter
- EDD Letters and forms if collecting unemployment
- Proof of Income and Current Address
- Bring Current Income